Pages

Monday, August 30, 2010

that furious night in Dehradun...(Part 1)

I still remember, It was 9 in the evening and I was walking on the road in the vicinity of the clock tower. Three of my friends (or say my life's best buddies, my roommates in dehradun) were also with me there but they were lagging couple of metres to me, all busy on the phone. Can't guess with whom. Well…!! to be sure, Sushil was busy in trying and convincing her maa to not to make such hurry for his marriage as he is not ready at all to get tied in nought, he is into daily exercise for this since past couple of weeks but after all you know, mother is a mother, and to convince her is sometimes very easy and sometimes you have to burn all your calories.

I was waiting for some call and was holding the cell in my palm. suddenly it started raining. Well, if you are in Doon, you hardly get any conveyance after nine in the night and before five in the morning and you can easily predict the coming rain, because rain happens to be at Mussoorie first and then at the downwards, say Doon. And Vista of the Mussoorie from Doon after rain is so beatific and romantic that its nothing less than the Heaven. Instead of taking shelter I kept on walking and enjoying the rain, but from bottom of my heart, I was negating everything right at that moment, the other of my roommates soon joined me because they all disconnected the call and kept the mobile in their pockets.

But me.....???? I was still holding the phone in my hand, still waiting for that magical call…, more fifteen minutes were passed, and drizzling was getting furious. I haven't felt such craze in doon’s rain in the past. It seems nature was also angry on her and was supporting me in full zeal. There was something different in that night. the roads were all clear, apart from we four, the other living thing I saw was a small frog, who, if I guess correctly, came out to enjoy the monsoon.

Sushil, who was by now drenched completely, was trying to protect his mobile and money by isolating them in a poly bag he got from the footpath, said to me..

"what happen, why you always acts as a Dumbo, if she is not giving the call, why don’t you give her the call instead. learn to take initiations"

"let her take as much time as she needed, let her arrive on to some decision, she will definitely call Ajit, I know these gals" said Deepak supporting me.

In this case two of the guys always support me, sumit and deepak, yea short of sushil too but he is more of practical in nature. I was about to switch off my mobile since I do not want my expensive mobile to get washed away in my anger. I love her and similarly I love my gadgets too. suddenly my phone started vibrating, yes..!! I got call, her name was flashing on the screen.

"look, what I said, I know these gals, pick the phone before it get disconnected" said Deepak.

I disconnected the call and reverted back to her.

"helllo" I said.

"hello..!! Ajiiiiiittt, where are you..?? what you said to her, she is not in the hostel, she was  so depressed, I haven't informed this to anyone, else clamoring in the hostel will start soon. do you know where is she? she left her phone also".

I assured the caller that things will be fine and then disconnected the call, I was stunned and so were all the other three guys.

"whats hapening all this, I am not getting the healthy feelings, damn it..." Sumit finally spoke something.

Before I could utter something from my speechless mouth, we all heard a loud sound, a car got crashed with a two wheeler back at the clock tower, it was still raining heavily, we all ran, and as we reached at the spot, we all got frozen.

"ohhhh myyyy godddd" said sushil and deepak in unison, while I and Sumit started shaking.

It was the scooty which got hit by the Endeavour car, the girl was bleeding heavily and was thrown on the road. Probably she was not into her senses by now.

In hurry I and Deepak rushed towards the gal while Sumit and Sushil rushed towards the Car who in escaping the scooty got hit on the road divider.

(TO BE CONTINUE.........)

13 comments:

  1. www.ratlami.blogspot.comAugust 30, 2010 at 9:56 PM

    mast likha hai.... aisa sach me hua hai kya???? :))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiii ajit,
    m shocked to read the lines "I love her and similarly I love my gadgets too." i thought she is at that position in ur life where atleast ur gadgets can't reach....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story...
    While reading story I can visualise the all thing…….
    Its shows that your writing work is improving day by day. Get going…

    ReplyDelete
  4. kyu chada rahe ho yar jabardasti isko... writing work.... ******** lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah sahi h beta sachin...i need some critics also.....u knw the day i'l b successful....it willl b coz of my critics only...waise sushil is the biggest critics then u.........good...aur criticize kar so as to help me improve in my work...
    chal ab apna kaam kar.....*******lol :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm.........story is really good.....bt still u need to improve urself......read ur blog agn may b u urself will notice the mistakes u hv made......

    ReplyDelete
  7. @renu
    ok let me do it...bt m trying hard to improve day by day..bt u knw i hardly gts time for this these days......

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmmmm
    kya bolu tujhe... tune dehradun me iska jikar hi nahi kiya kisi se b.... chal koi nahi...
    story bht mast hai ek dam se thriller or suspense ful stroy......
    mast hai bhai...
    tu to ab chetan bhagat part 2 ban... [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm....dats gud i know u can do more bttr jst focus on ur gramatical mistakes.....dats it rest is f9 u've got really good imagination as well as word power.....all d bst...

    ReplyDelete